Wednesday, March 01, 2006

It Takes A Village...

Today was one of those days that I felt like a useless mom. I got up and got ready for work, got my kids ready and out the door and they were at daycare by 7:45am. I headed to work. Colby was picked up and taken to school by a friend's mom and then cared for by her teacher until 3:30pm. Then she was picked up at school by her babysitter and taken to her daycare until 5:00pm. All the while Creighton remained at daycare from 7:45am to 5:00pm. At 5:00pm I rushed out to pick the kids up only to quickly drive through McDonalds and dump them off at 5:20pm at yet another babysitter (only family this time, thank goodness!). I then headed back to work for a meeting and finally had my children back in my possession at 6:45pm. By the time we got home it was a mad dash to the bathtub and bed.

Greg and I are ultimately responsible for these children, but in our case it truly does take a village to raise them. Many, many thanks to my "village" and the important role that each of you play in these kids lives.

Nothing feels good about today. Sometimes I just can't wait for a new day and a fresh start.....

No comments: