Sunday, April 09, 2006

Finally!!!

About two summers ago we took Colby's training wheels off of her bike. I tried to teach her to ride, and after she fell down a couple of times she decided that bike riding wasn't so fun. So every once in awhile I would talk her into trying again. Same results, a couple of falls and she was done.

Today I went to town and when I got back, she said "watch this mom." She hopped on her bike took off and looked like she had been doing it forever. I was so proud of her and she was so proud of herself.

I asked Greg how he taught her and he said that he had nothing to do with it. She just got on it and took off. I guess that says a lot for my teaching skills. She probably would have been better off all along without me coaching her!

WAY TO GO COLBY!!! Love you kiddo! Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

jody said...

what were you doing in town? :-) Good job, Colby. Kids do things when they are ready, not when their parents want them to be.

Cassie said...

YEAH for Colby!! I look forward to the day that our whole family can go out bike riding!

Heather said...

We are all packed up for a bike ride on the trail tonight at 5:15pm. I have been waiting for this day too!

Heather said...

REALLY funny Jody--You know what I was doing and I got a bit of grief at home for it!! But, I knew I would, oh well! :)