Sunday, May 21, 2006

A Rare Opportunity

This weekend has been pretty uneventful, although it was good. Something rare and somewhat special happened. Greg and I both had the opportunity to spend one on one time with each of the kids. We didn't do anything spectacular, but just having the chance to interact with the kids one-on-one is so fun sometimes. Saturday after the soccer game, Greg took Creighton home and they did "guy" stuff and Colby and I went to the greenhouse for flowers and out to lunch. Today Colby got to stay home with Greg while Creighton and I went to church and out for lunch. Nothing extravagent, but the time was enjoyed by all of us. I think the kids like it too as they get mom or dad all to themselves even if just for a short time. I love being able to give them 100% of my attention. That just doesn't happen enough as my time and attention get spread pretty thin sometimes.

Ended the weekend with a movie (Over the Hedge) and out for pizza with kids and Mackenzie. I'm no movie critic by any means, but for an animated movie, it was cute. I even found myself laughing out loud a couple of times.

A little laundry to fold and I am ready to face another week--whether I want to or not........

No comments: