Wednesday, January 17, 2007

And the winner is..........

I assumed that my photos for the Changes in Nature photo contest had been looked at, looked over and passed up.

However, the berries with the frost(the close up one) got FIRST place in it's class AND Best In Show! And the black and white of the tree branches with frost on them got FIRST place in the B/W class!

They are on display at the library and should be in the newspaper sometime. A little cash and a little recognition and a lot of fun. It was worth the effort.

I was a little excited, but contained myself for Dan's sake. I promised I wouldn't gloat, but I had to, just a little bit :) Plus, I think my shots were just beginner's luck.

So, all in all, it was fun shooting the pictures, fun getting them ready for entry, and fun winning my first contest! I guess there are much worse things I could be doing in my free time. I admit, I am addicted to pictures.

(if you haven't seen the pictures, I posted them earlier in January. scroll back if you would like to see them--I have been having such trouble posting pictures that I don't even want to make the effort tonight :)

5 comments:

Cassie said...

WAY TO GO HEATHER!!!! that is GREAT! so happy for you!! man, i know a celebrity!! :)

Heather said...

well, I wouldn't go QUITE that far :) but, thank you...

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!! That is awesome!
You deserved it---they are beautiful pictures.

Beckysblog said...

Cool! How fun! Congrats

Ernie and Mindy said...

Congrats, Heather! I didn't see how you COULDN'T win - your pictures were so beautiful!