Saturday, February 03, 2007

Better than I anticipated....

So far, nothing else has transpired around here in the way of sickness. I was patiently waiting throughout the night for someone to come wandering into my room throwing up, fever, etc. Of course, everyone slept through the night, except me :) That's just the way it works when you are the mom.

When I picked the kids up after work yesterday we got in the car and Colby said, "Oh yeah Mom, Mrs. Reynolds (school secretery) said you are supposed to watch me tonight". I said, "why? watch you for what?" Colby - "A fever". Hmmmm.....why would Mrs. Reynolds say that? Colby then went on to say that she had went to the office with a stomach ache that afternoon. Well, if you know Colby she is one that likes to stay busy and go where the action is. And, sometimes, if class is getting boring she may just head to the office with a 'stomach ache' just to see what is happening on that end of the building. She'll hang out with Mrs. Reynolds, chat for awhile with Mr. Williams (principal), or the nurse Ms. Sargent if she is there that day. She miraculously tends to get better after just a short time, a visit with staff, and some crackers :) Sometimes if she has a fingernail or piece of skin around her nail that is loose, she will go to the office to have it taken care of. Ugh....she is not a hypo-condriac at all. In fact, she usually won't even tell you she doesn't feel well until the signs are quite obvious, if you know what I mean:) She just likes a change of scenery every now and then.

So we hadn't pulled out of the driveway at daycare yet and as I looked at Colby she had a very grey hue to her face and really didn't look too good. I went back into daycare for a barf bag, just in case. By, the time we got home, she hadn't got sick, but her temp was about 102. Some motrin, a movie, some crackers and she crashed for the night. I went in at 3am to give her some more motrin just so she could rest through the night without the fever coming back up. So far, no more medicine and no more fever. Creighton is fine. I just wonder what the rest of the weekend might hold? That just seemed way too easy....

1 comment:

Cassie said...

good for you guys!! you really want to dodge this one if at all possible!!