Sunday, March 25, 2007

Cross-Breeding????

OK - We have a ton of ladybugs around here. I know, they are Japanese Beetles, but to me they are ladybugs. And I hate them, every last one of them is a thorn in my side. We also are lucky enough to have Box Elder Bugs which are just as fruitful and annoying as the ladybugs. Lately, I have been seeing these bugs pictured below. They are shaped in the front like a ladybug and in the back like a box elder bug. They are a little bigger than a ladybug, but a little smaller than a box elder. I think we have a little cross-breeding going on and we now have box elder beetles. Just what I need--a third little creature to drive me crazy. Might make for a good science experiment for the kids someday. This is nature that I could definately do without.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you have a county license for raising/breeding endangered speicies of ladybugs????

Heather said...

I am sure there is a permit on file with the County somewhere--would you like to visit our operations? I would allow each visitor to take 10,000 bugs home :) No charge on Mondays.

Anonymous said...

It looks like a stink but in a clown outfit :)

Anonymous said...

That was suppose to be stink bug :)