Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Just busy

We are too busy to stop and think these days. Hence, no posts of any substance. We got a lot going on that I will share in the upcoming days, but for now, know that we have a lot on our minds.

Greg is enjoying his new job so much and I think he has such a great appreciation for his new position based on the conditions he came from in his previous job. He is still doing some training, but has started his 12 hour days this week. He worked 6am-6pm last night and was still home before the kids and I so that is great. Dinner together is something new for us!

I have made a list of home projects that need done and I am making every effort to tackle them ALL this fall. Too many things have been left undone for too long. Now is the time to get going. I am still working at least 40 hours during the week and trying to pack in as much on the weekends as possible--that makes for one tired girl! But, I love to see progress and I feel good about all that is on the horizon.

Colby starts school tomorrow and is ready to be a third grader! Back to school night is tonight and she is anxious to find out who her teacher is. Then tomorrow it is back to the old grind. Our morning routine will become a little stricter again--no more showing up at daycare still in pajamas :) Colby typically has taken her showers before bed, but this year she insists that she needs to take her shower in the morning. Which means that I will have to be in the shower by 5:30am every morning so that she can get in there after me. We definately are in need of that second shower that should be working again shortly, hopefully! (it's one of those things on 'the list' :)

Creighton is starting his second year of preschool, but not until after Labor Day. He is still 4 so he isn't kindergarten age yet. Although he thinks he is. Unfortunately, he is not so excited to go back to school. He says his school is "for babies" and that he wants to go to Colby's school. So, we could have a battle on our hands or he could just go with the flow, which is pretty typical for Creighton.

Other than that, not much to report. We are still enjoying the days and evenings outside. Still getting plenty of riding time on the horse and swimming time in the pool. The kids had the four-wheeler out a lot this past weekend which is something that we didn't see much of this summer. I think it was too hot for them to want to put the helmet on so they just found other stuff to do.

It's been a good couple of months, but I think my body's clock is saying, enough of summer, bring on the fall! Sounds good to me!

No comments: