Friday, August 10, 2007

Pat

What can I say about Pat? Where do I start? She has a heart of gold. She has a true love for people. Not just some people, but ALL people. She has a resounding laugh that makes me smile even when I can only faintly hear it through the thick walls of City Hall. She always has a smile for everyone she meets and works hard to find positives in every situation. Her talents and gifts are many. Not a child passes by without Pat engaging with them. She takes time to connect with people, friends and strangers alike, and does not judge. Pat could outride me on a bicycle any day and she has ridden across the state many, many times. She has the energy of a teenager and the heart of a grandmother. When God called my grandmother home 10 years ago, He gave me Pat. I miss her when she winters down south and count the days until she gets back. She loves to hear stories of my children's antics and I love to hear to her stories of raising her kids too. Whatever is happening in my life, Pat has been there and done that. When I confide in Pat, which I often do, she listens, then thinks, and tells me, "just pray about it, just pray". That's why I love her....
Posted by Picasa

No comments: