Saturday, October 27, 2007

The Weekend

OK - so I had big ambitions last night to come home and get the bathroom painted. My foot had been feeling pretty good as long I don't try to twist, bend or flex it. So basically if I stay flat footed it's really not a problem. However, in order to keep it flat it makes my gait a little silly looking :) So, I assumed if I was really careful that climbing up and down a ladder with a paintbrush and paint pan there would be no problem. Wrong. It hurt, I got frustrated and I quit after getting the ceiling and a portion of a wall done. This stinks. I can't be slowed down like this. I don't have time for this. But once again, I am reminded that there are people that live with physical injuries and disabilities that will never go away. I am thankful this is only temporary and my prayer today is for those that have ailments that last a lifetime. Thanks God for this little reminder of how lucky I am.

In other news....I have nothing. Nothing exciting planned for the weekend. The house cleaner is coming today (YES!), Creighton has a birthday party and MAYBE I will attempt to do some more painting. Greg is picking corn for a friend that needs help getting his crops out. Both kids will be riding along with him at some point today. They LOVE to combine with daddy. It stirs up great memories for me too. My brother and I always rode along--I stayed awake, but my brother was usually strapped to the little milking stool (with a bungee cord) as he slept through the ride. A very vivid picture in my mind even after all these years. I love it. and I love this time of year.

We may head to the Hawkeye volleyball game with the kids tonight. We'll see what happens. Greg may just have big plans for a great fun, romantic evening out since I am a whopping 35 today. For all who know us, that is a joke--I'm sure he has no clue that it is my birthday. But, I have learned to be ok with that. This day is not about me nor should it be.

Well, I'm off to clean the house for the house cleaner. I wouldn't want her to know how messy it really is in here :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! It is a special day, and it should be about you (somehow) Do something you love-like RESTING!! :) HA HA donna g