Wednesday, February 20, 2008

A hug from across town

I am not sure if I completely understood this, but this is the story I got from Colby when she called me after school today.

Apparently, Colby's teacher has been sick all week. So she has not seen Colby since before Colby got sick. We emailed several times throughout Colby's illness about how she was doing, etc. So she knew how sick Colby was and what a rough time she was having.

Anyway, Colby said that another teacher, Mrs. P., came and got her out of class today and asked her to come to the hall. Colby's teacher (who is home very sick with what Colby had) called Mrs. P. and told her to go give Colby a hug for her. Colby's teacher said she is so sick and miserable that she feels so sorry for Colby having to go through the same stuff and just wanted to hug her.

So, it sounds like Colby got a little extra hug at school today. And I love that my child is being loved at school and that her teacher thought about her from her own sick bay at home. That is a teacher who is in it for the right reasons. Loving her students like her own. And I am grateful.

No comments: