Tuesday, April 01, 2008

blessed

"People will forget what you said, People will forget what you did, But people will never forget how you made them feel."-Maya Angelou

After some trying times over the last 8 weeks or so, I am feeling so blessed by the ones I am surrounded by. Those that have sensed what I need. Those that have given up their own desires and helped accomplish mine. Those that truly have been His hands and feet. From friends that helped me paint, a brother who unselfishly gives his craftsmanship skills endlessly when I need them most, to a dear friend who showed up and made my curtains because she knew I couldn't sew a lick, to my prayer group whom I could never be thankful enough for, to my parents who babysit, and support, and listen when I rant, to my other brother who helps me laugh at it all when I really want to cry, to friends who have provided just the right meal at just the right time, to those who continually check in to see how they can help. The list goes on. Despite the brokenness, sickness, accidents, injuries that have attacked persistently, I feel so very blessed to know that we are loved and that during these times we can experience a little bit of heaven right here on earth. Peace prevails in my heart even amidst the storm....

And echoing what Maya Angelou says, years or maybe even months from now I may forgot things that were said, or may forget the tasks they did, but I will never, never forget the way my dearest friends and family make me feel. 'Thank you' is insufficient.....

No comments: