Thursday, April 24, 2008

A Lucky Girl

How lucky am I to have a friend that would send these BEAUTIFUL flowers and friendship angel to me for no reason other than I had a bad day on Sunday?




So Sunday was a rough day for me. It started out with the message at church feeling like daggers stabbing at my heart. It was good, but sometimes truth can be so very painful. Then I got home at noon to a house that needed cleaned, mounds of laundry to be done, an empty refrigerator, a BIG yard that needed mowed, kids that desparately deserved more attention than I could give, a tired husband who had worked WAY too many hours on little to no sleep, a horse that the kids were begging to ride and many things that needed preparation for the upcoming work/school week, etc, etc. So, a little overwhelmed, I found myself sitting outside on the kids' time-out bench with my head in my hands, a pounding headache and having absolutely no idea where to start. I just sort of 'spun my wheels' all afternoon and accomplished NOTHING. I felt torn in a million different directions and had no idea which way to go. It pretty much just sucked. I felt like my life was completely out of control and I was on a sinking ship. I soooo needed a day to regroup and refocus. I didn't sleep at all Sunday night and when I went to work on Monday I did something I had never done before. I pretty much went in and said that I would stay to get everyone through the lunch hours and then I had to leave. I felt like I was totally letting my team down because this time of year is NOT the time to show up at work and say 'sorry, gotta go'. But, I am so thankful to have such an understanding boss and co-workers. They understand the need for our personal lives to be in order so that our work lives are more productive and that sometimes the needs at home can be much greater and a higher priority than those at work. I went home and in 4 hours had restored complete order and then felt ready to tackle the work week. Whew...sometimes I just have to take a day to catch up so I can keep my head above water. This was just one of the tough days in the life of a 'full-time working outside the home' mom.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: