Friday, April 25, 2008

Our 'Storm'

Day to day. We just never know what our life 'storm' may be. This morning, our beloved horse Blaze, was hit by lightning. It didn't kill him instantly, but we don't know the outcome yet. He was stumbling and confused and trying to go down. The kids saw it happen. Greg was taking Colby to school and taking Creighton to kindergarten visit. As they backed out of the garage the kids rolled down their windows as they always do to yell 'Bye Blaze!'. At that moment the lightning hit him on his back end. There was a big flash and a sonic BOOM. Greg went out to assess Blaze, but had only a few minutes to get where they needed to go. The kids called me BAWLING from the car. That is all I know for now.

Very scary. My children and husband were 20 feet away from the strike. I could have lost my whole family in an instant this morning. But, I didn't. Thank you, God.

I am at work. Greg is on his way home. Hopefully, he will call me soon and let me know...

4 comments:

Cassie said...

oh my gosh, heather. that is terrible! what a horrible thing for your kids to witness.
i'm so sorry...

amy smith said...

i am bawling. so, so sorry. praying for peacful hearts.

jody said...

oh heather. I am so sorry. It's just one thing after another over there.
so sorry. thinking about you all a lot today and praying for everyone in the family....

Anonymous said...

HEATHER! I am behind on the times. I'm so sorry!