Tuesday, October 28, 2008

36?????

As of yesterday, I am 36. That sounds so much older than 35. I am getting too close for comfort to that big 4-0.

It was a pretty uneventful day. I guess when you are as old as me birthdays no longer equivocate being 'queen for a day'. Although the day did create a little extra cash in my pocket and a gorgeous gold chain from the kids (and some yummy treats at work!). I have a very pretty diamond that I haven't been able to wear for a couple of years because I broke the chain. So they got me a BEAUTIFUL chain that hasn't left my neck since they gave it to me Sunday night (they couldn't wait).

Last night after I picked the kids up from their daycare I asked them if they wanted to go out to eat. (I shouldn't have to COOK on my birthday, should I???) That instantly fired up an argument between the kids as to where we were going to eat. I let them duke it out for awhile before I said "Here's a novel idea--it's MY birthday, how about I pick where we eat for once!". After hearing my suggestion I got the 'yuck' and 'I don't like that place' responses. To which I said, "fine, we are going home, not eating out and you will be happy to know that you are having peanut butter sandwiches and don't ask me to take you out to eat for a VERY long time! And by the way--the bread is stale! And guess what else, I HATE McDonalds and will never eat there again!"

And, I promptly headed home. Where, luckily for them, I had cresent rolls, cheese and hot dogs so they got pigs in a blanket. And I went to Casey's and got ding dongs and a diet pepsi for myself. Just another Happy Birthday for me.

2 comments:

Cassie said...

ding dongs sounds good to me!
i always forget you and lani share your big days!
happy belated birthday!

amy smith said...

i love ding dongs! happy belated birthday as well. :)