Thursday, October 23, 2008

Thankful

Last night Creighton was mad at me at bedtime because he wasn't done 'farming' (he 'farms' the green shag rug in the kitchen). Apparently he hadn't got all of his 'crops' picked and they just couldn't wait until the next day. So, he trudged off to bed and stomped up the stairs to his room.

As I was helping him get ready for bed we were discussing an assignment he brought home from school. He brought a feather and we are supposed to write what we are thankful for. I asked him what he was thankful for. He didn't come up with anything so I said, "Are you thankful for your family?" He very loudly proclaimed, "NO--you are mean, dad is mean and Colby is stupid!"

Obviously, another very proud parenting moment :)

1 comment:

Theresa said...

Jilly told me this morning that if I didn't let her wear the coat she wanted she would call the police! I think that our kindergarteners would be best buddies.