Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Dear Santa.....

Sometimes when I feel like I have completely failed as a parent I will hear or see my kids do something that says, 'maybe it is sinking in. maybe i have done SOMEthing right'.
Today I found this letter printed and laying by my computer--Colby's santa letter:

Dear Santa,
I am like any kid, I love presents. But before you give me anything please make sure that you give to kids less fortunate.

Sincerely,

Colby

So, my heart about burst from my chest. Reaching out to others has been a big theme this year. She has seen it. It has been a big part of what we have done this Christmas. She is seeing action, not just hearing the words. It's sinking in. She 'gets' it....I love it.

1 comment:

amy smith said...

great job colby! and even better job heather!