Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Made it!

So, based on my research (which consisted of looking out the window:) I decided that I could make it to work. They had plowed the gravel road by 8:30am and now all I had to was get out of our drifty driveway. After walking to the garage through drifts above my knees I was beginning to think that this probably wasn't the best idea.

There was quite a large drift behind the garage door--like 3 to 4 ft high. We loaded up, I told the kids to hang on, and I FLOORED my car to bust through it. It worked! Now, getting down the driveway was a little trickier. I had to go really fast to bust through the drifts. At the end of the drive I had to turn either right or left otherwise I end up in the neighbors field. This was a little scary considering the snow plow had been by and there was a BIG pile at the exit of the drive. So, I got going as fast as I could busted through some drifts and when I got to the end of the drive I cranked the wheel and prayed that I somehow ended up on the road. I did! Whoo hoo!

For those of you who are Wii Mario Cart fans--yes my driving was a little Mario like today! Now getting home will be my next challenge.....

1 comment:

Cassie said...

you are definitely committed! they are lucky to have you on staff, no doubt!