Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Still pretty wordless

Still not a lot to report on our end. I guess that's a good thing(?).

The kids had their conferences last night. Both were what I expected. Didn't have to scold anyone afterwards so that's always good :) Creighton's report was phenomenal in both academics and social skills. And for Colby, we got the same report as usual. Great in academics and social skills, but is a little 'free-spirited' in the classroom. She does her own thing....if she wants to read a book during math time, then by golly she gets out her book and reads. If she wants to get up and visit a friend across the room during social studies, then she will do that. Thankfully, we have always had teachers that 'get' her and understand what it takes for Colby to be happy and encouraged. They keep her busy and on-task, but at times will just let her do her thing. She is easily bored so we are thankful for the teachers that work so hard to keep her love of learning thriving. I am continually amazed at how easy academics are for both of the kids and how far they soar above their grade levels in every subject. For that, we are very thankful.

On another note, I am STILL working in my bathroom. Everyday I have added 'just a little' something to the project. Remember this was supposed to be just rip down some wallpaper and paint? Well it has turned into almost a complete renovation :) Last weekend I went to look for flooring (haven't decided on that yet) Tonight the electrician comes to install some new recessed lighting that I decided two days ago would be a good idea. And then the contractor can be scheduled to put in the new ceiling. I have gotten new window treatments to be put in. Cabinets have been refaced and new handles and pulls put on. The ugly shelving has come down and new half-wall built. Lots more stuff than I anticipated, but I decided to just go for it. It may make it more attractive to buyers or if we stay I will love it :) Win.Win.

Greg has still been working lots of overtime-7 days a week so haven't seen much of him at all.

Next week is spring break and the kids and I are planning a quick getaway for a couple days. Didn't want them to have to spend the entire break at daycare so I took a couple days off mid-week to do something fun.

That's all there is....pretty boring stuff, I know. I REALLY need to pull the camera out and avoid these long, zero-substance posts ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so brave!!! I want to do all of those things to the house but we are afraid!! Really afraid. I have horrible wallpaper in my dinning room but I won't start doing anything. Steve discourages me because he will end up having to do all the work. I want to rip out my carpet in the entire downstairs but steve is afraid of what is under the carpet....we know that it's HARDWOOD flooring, but not sure of the condition. So, come on over-you could be dangerously GOOD FOR ME :) Nice report on the kids......what blessings they are! ok, sorry so LONG-donna g

Heather said...

Brave or stupid(?) I get an itch and usually think about it for a long time then all of a sudden I will just take a leap and tear into something. I always figure that whatever happens or whatever I find, it can always be fixed. That is why the projects that I think I can do in a weekend turn into a month :)

I would LOVE to help you--projects are always more fun at someone else's house :)