Thursday, June 04, 2009

Sometimes I am in awe.....

I have some pictures to post, but no internet connection at home--modem is fried. So they will have to sit and wait. So a quick blog while I'm at lunch and no pictures. You get what you get :)

So, last night at Colby's game I heard this, from her coach, to the players, as they were arriving back to the dugout after playing defense: "You know girls, this team (refering to the opponent)isn't that good. You guys are just really bad". yes, his exact words, no kidding.

And then, after the game, the team talk, which I carefully listened in on consisted of this: "you know, you pitchers will never throw strikes if you don't practice". (BTW- coach has only had about 3 practices ALL SEASON!) "and we are never going to win a game if you can't hit the ball" (again, how about a PRACTICE or two????). and this, "just wait until you play Fast Cash, you'll never be able to hit their pitcher". or this, 'tonight's pitcher wasn't good, you guys just can't hit the ball. you'll never make it in the next league".

AAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! I wanted to scream at him. Whatever happened to a little encouragement, maybe some positive reinforcement?????? Yes, I am a little tough on my kids sometimes, but I would never, ever say that to the team.

And, no, I didn't volunteer to coach. So, I don't feel that I can complain too much. But, I sure didn't sign her up for this either.

1 comment:

Theresa said...

I think you can complain away. That crap should not fly. Kids are kids-- nobody should be saying that to a kids softball team!