Friday, September 25, 2009

For Jenny....

Many, many, many years ago I was a shy, quiet, scared to death little girl of about 8 venturing into a new school, knowing no one. A nice girl named Jenny in my class became my friend. I was thankful for her then, playing with me at recess, sitting by me at lunch, and making me feel welcome in my new school. Although we remained school friends through elementary we eventually went separate ways with different groups of friends, different interests, etc. A few years ago, we were re-aquainted a bit as our kids attended the same daycare and get this...we both lived in Nichols, Iowa of all places.

Jennifer, a mother and wife, a sister and aunt, a daughter and friend to many, has recently entered a battle for life. Fighting a war with the ovarian cancer that has invaded her body and she is determined to win. Win this brutal, brutal fight. That precious little guy needs his mommy and we can help.

Attend Jennifer Brauns Massey's benefit this Sunday, 1pm-6pm, Moose Lodge, Muscatine and help her fight.....help her win....

There will be MANY opportunities to help. Many ways to show your support. Among those ways will be 'Scentsy for Jenny'. I will be hosting Scentsy at the benefit with all proceeds going to Jennifer's fight against this vicious beast we know as cancer.

If you are not local or can't attend but would still like to participate in this way. You can go to my Scentsy site and participate online. Go to 'my events', click on Jen's benefit on Sept. 27, go to shop for event and shop away. Local folks can choose my address 2420 Lucas Rd., to have it shipped to me and I will deliver and out of town guests can have it direct shipped to their home. All proceeds from the 'day of' event and the 'online' event will go directly to Jen.

Just one little way for me, for us, to give back. Give back to someone who probably doesn't even know or remember the way she gave to me so many years ago.

No comments: