Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Now I Know....

Every once in awhile I feel dumpy. Sad. Unable to focus. Slightly distraught, but not knowing why. And, then usually I will figure out why. Today was one of those days. The date. Today our family should be celebrating a birthday. For our precious baby that never took a breath on this side of heaven. And in the quietness of tonight I let my guard down. I let the tears fall. Fall for that sweet, sweet baby that couldn't survive. I knew her like every mother knows her unborn child. I loved her like every mother loves her baby in the womb from the moment you know. I prayed for her like I prayed for all my babies. And today she would be 8.

And it's days like today that I have an intense longing for heaven. The brokeness is just much too much.....

1 comment:

Cassie said...

thinking of you heather.
praying.
much love...