Saturday, January 01, 2011

Colby is turning 12!

My first baby girl is now entering her last year of life before becoming a teenager! Not sure how that can be possible??? She is a beautiful young lady and we are so, so proud of her. She is amazingly smart and such a special girl. And a little sassy too :)

The year she was born I had spent the day shopping for groceries, etc getting ready to be snowed in for a few days as they were predicting up to 18 inches of snow. Shortly after Greg got home from work at 11pm we sat down to watch a movie when I thought, "oh crap, I just peed my pants or my water broke!" After determining that it was time to go have a baby (nearly SIX WEEKS early, mind you), we hit the road at about 1am. The roads were terrible as we made our way to Mercy Hospital. A normally 30 minute trip took an hour and a half! About 12 hours later after a very difficult delivery we had a precious baby girl that rested peacefully in the NICU for the next week. So, so thankful then and even more now, for our firstborn.....Happy Birthday Colbers!

1 comment:

Vivien Chang said...

Randomly got here and found this is a lovely place , leave a comment that I can come back :) Happy new year !