Friday, February 03, 2006

Countdown to the Weekend

Today I am overwhelmed with missing my kids. It's days like these that I wonder if it is really worth it. The other night I was telling Colby as I tucked her in that I really missed her that day while I was at work and she was at school. She looked at me with a very confused, disturbed look and said, "You did? You miss me when you are at work?" Of course, I miss her. But we have become such robots in our daily routine and being away from each other is so "normal" that Colby didn't even consider the fact that I miss her during the day.

So in my mind I am formulating all of these fun, exciting things to do this weekend. Whether or not they happen remains to be seen, but we'll try to make the most of it. The kids get a kick out of just being able to stay in their "jammies" on Saturday mornings. So I guess I don't have to come up with too grand of a plan to make them happy. Counting down - 2 hours to freedom.....

1 comment:

jody said...

Enjoy your night at HOME!