Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Junie B. Jones, Party Animal

Today Greg and I had the opportunity to go to Colby's classroom to read with her. She met her reading goal for the month so she was able to invite someone to the classroom to read and for lunch. Greg and I truly enjoyed hearing Colby read Junie B. Jones, Party Animal to us. We read with her every day at home, but today was special. We were on her territory and she was trying extra hard to be such a little scholar. It was just precious time. More than I had expected and I was thankful for that hour with her. I can hardly believe that a year ago we were reading to her and she is now reading fluently to us. It is so good to find her at home relaxing with her nose in a book. I have always been a reader and that is one trait of mine that I am glad she inherited!

I thank God for the special teacher that she has and for her devoted desire to help these little ones succeed. Colby's confidence has soared this year, and I can't take the credit for that. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember the morning that I came downstairs at 5;30 am expecting to be alone and Greg was on the couch reading---he was about Colby's age. Books are fun. Her Grandparents are very proud of her!!