Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Fish and Frogs

I was watching this scene unfold from a distance and decided I better zoom in and take a picture. The landscape pond has finally thawed and Creighton and one of the pups were examining it closely for any signs of life. Both bent over with their heads just above the water, I noticed that they were having quite a conversation. What I would have given to hear what they were talking about. It must have been a pretty one-sided conversation, but the pup was seemingly listening very attentively! I am sure it had something to do with fish or frogs or bugs or mud or something along those lines. Somedays country living is so hard, but little moments like this make it so worth it....

3 comments:

jody said...

that is too cute. Is he holding something?

Heather said...

A rock. Our pond has more rocks, pennies, sticks, toys in it than water! He has now gotten strong enough to pick up the bigger limestone rocks that I have very strategically placed around the edge of the pond. I have a feeling it won't look so good this summer! My new little landscape gardener.

Cassie said...

that is adorable...looks like it should be in a magazine or on a greeting card or something.