Monday, March 20, 2006

Incomplete

I promise, last vacation photo. I am sure everyone is tired of it by now and ready for me to move on! Heather, you are back in IOWA!

Anyway, something that weighed on me during our vacation....Every picture of the three of us seems to be incomplete. Missing that special little man in our lives! I rationalized not taking him because it was to be a special time for Colby with our undivided attention. Something she hasn't had in three years. And we could go, go, go without the need for naps, etc. We did a lot of things that he just wouldn't have been able to do either because of his age, size or swiming ability. I think it would have been frustrating for him and us too.

With Colby being pretty self-sufficient and able to entertain herself, Greg and I were still able to relax while she played in the pool with the other kids. With Creighton, that wouldn't have happened. I would have needed another vacation to recover! While we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and Creighton did just fine at home, I still felt like something was missing. I don't think I will be doing that again. Next time, he goes! Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grandpa and Grandma sure enjoyed the time with Creighton and he did not feel left out---I worried he would but he did fine. He was very secure with the whole thing. His time will come. I think that you did the right thing. It was a real testimony of your parenting that he felt so secure about the situation.

jody said...

such cute pictures! Sounds like a great, great trip! there will be many more complete family vacations--and Creighton will probably not remember this one but Colby will never forget it.

Anonymous said...

You worry too much. There are enough mountains already leave it be a mole hill. I feel bad I didnt get to go too.

Heather said...

Thanks for the tip MR. ANONYMOUS!!!