Friday, March 03, 2006

A Scare


OK - This little man gave me quite a scare last night. He did something that had potential to be quite dangerous and could have turned out disastrous. But, it didn't. I am not going into the details, but thank you God for putting up that hedge of protection around my child when he is beyond my eyes.

Afterwards we were discussing this "incident" and he was so proud of himself for doing such a "big boy" thing and he truly thought he was helping mom and dad. We didn't even dream of punishing him as his heart was in the right place.

However, he made my heart skip a beat (or two, or three) and I hope never to have that feeling again. I intend to keep him tucked tightly under my protective wing for a long while.....

2 comments:

jody said...

OK, now I'm curious. I hope I hear the story someday. Glad everyone is OK. I imagine it is hard to be mad at that little face.

Heather said...

you WILL hear the story - just not here!