Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Tonight

Finally, after getting supper done, dishes done, laundry put away, more laundry started, mail sorted, a "dance recital" videotaped and uploaded, backpacks de-junked, pj's on everyone, stories read and everyone cuddled and tucked into bed, I am able to settle in at the computer with a big glass of Crystal Lite. Whew...what a night. Supper consisted of waffles and sausage for the kids, I ate what was left on their plates and Greg skipped it altogether. I'm not even sure that is called supper, but the kids got full and would prefer waffles anyway. I guess that is all that matters.

Colby insisted that I videotape her dancing tonight. I tried to blog the video clip and either you can't do that or I was missing something, but it didn't work. It was really cute. She had to get dressed in something "sassy" - a black velour skirt and pink tank top (?), paint her toenails, brush her hair and put my lipstick on. She then told me she had to "warm up". After about 30 seconds of shaking her little hips she was ready for the real thing. She danced and danced trying to re-create Hillary Duff moves she sees on Nickelodeon. Creighton came in and interrupted it all, she gave him a shove, he smacked into the entertainment center and it was push and shove from then on out. She screamed that he ruined her video! I guess she was planning on sending it in to MTV for auditioning. Thanks to Creighton her dancing career has been destroyed. I uploaded it and showed it to them, fighting and all, and they both laughed and laughed. I guess they don't realize how ridiculous they are being when they pester eachother. We all got a good laugh out of the "video" though.

Well, it is back to folding more laundry and watching Oprah to end this crazy night. Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

jody said...

thats a good technique--showing them their behavior on video tape. I am going to try that. (yeah, I don't think you can upload clips onto blogger...bummer).

Heather said...

I am hoping that it doesn't backfire. They thought it was pretty funny wathcing it on tape. Hopefully, that won't encourage them to do MORE of it. Although Colby seemed a little embarrased too. It did get their attention though. Baby steps all the way...

Cassie said...

i am learning so many parenting tips from these blogs!!

Heather said...

The video wasn't intended to be a "show them their behavior" thing, but it ended up working out that way!