Friday, April 14, 2006

Destruction

When I posted this morning I had not been out and about to actually see for myself what had happened at the neighboring farms. The kids and I ventured out, and I was shocked as to what I saw. Both directions from us there is just destruction everywhere. Outbuildings flattened, trees left untouched were few and far between, fences completely mangled into balls of metal, horses were killed, a human life was lost, just down the road the top half of an elderly woman's house was just lifted off and destroyed--she was successfully rescued. Neighbors are out in full force helping one another. The tornado traveled from one end of our road to the other and for some reason it touched down on both sides of us and lifted as it traveled around our house leaving everything intact. I am just in disbelief. All the while I was painting by the light of a camping lantern oblivious to the danger that we were in. So thankful for the divine protection we received last night. Loss of power for 6 hours and a few sticks and pieces of garbage to pick up--I have never been so thankful....

No comments: