Friday, April 28, 2006

The Need for Speed

Today has been a good day. Creighton stayed home sick with Greg today while I went to work. He has gotten over it for the most part but still isn't eating so he stayed home while he is getting some strength back.

I picked up Colby tonight after work and we went to the grocery store. Sounds boring, but when you rarely get a chance to spend one on one time with your kids, even the grocery store is fun.

Now, another reason it has been a good day...I FINALLY was able to get high speed internet. Something that I took for granted until living in the country and not being able to get anything but dial-up. When I got the phone call from the provider that DSL was available in my area I was ecstatic--now I just have to suck it up and pay for it. Expensive because it is considered "long-reach", but finding it to be worth it even after one night! Sometimes when I did picture uploads it took 12 hours with dial-up!

And for the next good thing--tomorrow I get to go shopping by myself! I may just even splurge and buy something for myself. My intention is to get summer stuff for the kids since they have managed to outgrow EVERYTHING from last summer. We'll see how far I get. Thanks to Kenzie for giving up her Saturday afternoon to watch the kids--I appreciate it so much!!

No comments: