Saturday, April 22, 2006

What a Day

Tonight I felt like I was probably the worst mom on earth. It was a tremendously long day and maybe I am still lacking in energy after being sick. I don't know, but I was a crab tonight. The kids were probably just fine, but I lacked any sort of patience and tolerance today. And to top it off, Greg was working a 16 hour day (6am to 10pm, UGH), so I was on my own. No one to tag team with to get any sort of respite.

Things started out great. Colby's game...out for lunch...home to play. Then my huge mistake started to backfire. I let Creighton skip nap and decided that the kids would just go to bed early. Last time I do that. He was crabby, that made me crabby, he pestered Colby and I found myself yelling WAY too many times tonight.

And of course, they still ended up not getting to bed any earlier than normal. We went outside and played basketball and rode bikes to end the night. But, at least by bedtime everyone had on happy faces--I just pretended.

Tomorrow promises to be a brand new day and I am thankful for that. Hopefully, I can wake up with a rejuvenated spirit and new outlook.

No comments: