Saturday, May 13, 2006

An Early Gift


 
It's been a good day today. An early start with Creighton up at 6:30am screaming with a belly ache. A trip to the bathroom seemed to solve that problem. Greg was working so it was just me and the babes till 3pm this afternoon. Had to get an early start out the door as it was Colby's treat day at soccer. So Fareway at 8:15 for team snacks, 8:30 to West Side Store for egg croissants for breakfast(a nice visit with my brother there), 9:00 soccer game at the complex in the FREEZING cold and wet conditions. But it was worth it as Colby had a great game and I saw a long-time friend (like since 2nd grade:) and got to chat for an hour. After the game we headed to my grampa's house to help with some sorting of his things. So many memories--found his draft orders from Franklin Roosevelt, an Easter Card he sent to my gramma while he was overseas during the war, his uniform, his handwritten farm reports, pictures galore, every receipt from everything he had ever purchased, and things from their house that I remember being there ever since I can remember. It was bittersweet. Had he been there today we would have heard the story behind every letter, card, picture that we discovered. And I MISS those stories!

Next was lunch with my mom and two TIRED kids. Creighton crashed in the car on the way home, I transplanted him to his bed and had to wake him up at 4:30! Then Colby decided that I must open my Mother's Day presents that she made me at school. How proud she was--a magnetic note pad, a butterfly magnet and a beautiful card that read: Dear Mom, Thank you for letting me do all of these fun things. I like it when you give me big hugs. Happy Mother's Day! Love, Colby. It was very cute and so special. Can't wait to see her big performance at church tomorrow :)

Now we are headed to pick up a pizza and just hang out the rest of the night. Colby and Greg have been outside cutting down and burning a tree. Not sure what they are up to, but what a pair they are.

This has been a nice weekend so far despite the crappy weather. Hope it ends as good as it started. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

jody said...

sounds like a busy day--
happy mother's day to you.