Monday, June 19, 2006

Celebrating Erika

I just returned from little Erika's Celebration of Life. It was a beautiful service, and I was amazed at the strength of Traci and Rich. I learned a lot from Erika, Traci and Rich especially in the last few months and weeks. I learned to swing when I want to clean, make mud pies instead of dinner, how to lay in bed beside my sleeping child instead of in front of the TV, to do art instead of laundry, to laugh more and love deeper and most of all how to lean not on my own understanding, but to put my full trust in Jesus. As Rich said tonight "God doesn't make mistakes". Thanks Maynards for the lessons you have shown us amidst dealing with your own indescribable pain. Not only thinking of you tonight, but for the days, weeks and months ahead.

No comments: