Sunday, June 25, 2006

Desperate

OK, I was desperate to get out for some exercise tonight. Not sure how I could do this with Greg sleeping (he's on third shift) and both kids home. I do not have a treadmill and wasn't about to put in an aerobics video. Creighton's got an eye infection and looks pretty gross so I wasn't about to ask anyone for help either. It was such a beautiful night I wanted to get outside for a walk. So, I got this grand idea to put him in the wagon, Colby on her bike and head down the gravel road.

Once we got out there, I thought to myself, "Our neighbors and all of the passers-by must think we are crazy". Colby was riding her bike with last year's Halloween costume on, I was in my pink yoga pants (yeah, I know, hilarious), and I was attempting to pull a 40 pound child through the gravel in a plastic wheeled wagon all the while he was thoroughly enjoying his ride and singing at the top off his lungs...the whole way.

No, I did not commemorate this moment with a photo and I am sure we will forever be known as the crazy family down the road at 1608.

The kids loved it, and I got my exercise (pulling the wagon through gravel for 2 miles was a bit harder than I anticipated).

I am sure we were a sight to behold....

2 comments:

Eric and Pam said...

That's pretty funny Heather. Desperate moms call for desperate meausures!

Cassie said...

wish i could have witnessed it in person!