Thursday, January 25, 2007

Colby Marie....

Colby continually amazes me with her initiative and the interest she is taking in her academics. On Wednesdays she stays after school so she can go to the school library to read until 4:30pm. She chooses this over going to daycare to play with her friends or coming home early when Greg can pick her up. She chooses to stay and read and take AR tests. And she loves it. This week she has decided that she would like to go to school at 7:50am so that she can go to the computer lab for 30 minutes before school starts. She is so eager to learn more, read more, study more. I am so happy for her. I pray that this fire stays lit under her for a long time. I am so thankful for her school and the special people there that have encouraged her and brought out the best in her. I can't take the credit for any of it. Being a kid can be so hard and unfortunately some of life's greatest struggles start in school at an early age. And I know that being smart or getting good grades won't make her immune to all problems, but it is just one less thing to worry about. Praise God!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: