Saturday, January 27, 2007

What was I thinking?

Creighton's room is in desperate need of a make-over. It still has the wallpaper that we put up when I was pregnant with Colby, the ceiling needs re-done, etc. So last October I contacted someone to hire to tear down the wallpaper. There is a lot of it and I wasn't about to attempt doing that in my spare time--oh wait, I don't HAVE any spare time! Well apparently I am still on the wait list for her services and I decided not to wait another day. So last night after work I picked up the kids, went to Menards for a new scoring tool and scraper and set out to get this project started. I worked for 2.5 hours last night and got about a 3ft x 3 ft space down. This is going no where fast. I worked on it for two more hours this morning with about the same results. Now, the weekend is fading fast, I got other things that I need to do like about 50 loads of laundry, Greg is working all weekend, I have kids that haven't seen their parents all week that need attention, I have to play volleyball tomorrow (wish I wouldn't have made that committment :(, and Creighton's room is a complete disaster. This could be a never-ending project while in the meantime Creighton will be living in my bedroom. I think I'll call a contractor on Monday :)

2 comments:

Cassie said...

i think we have a steamer if you'd want to borrow it. let me know.

Andrea Schmidt said...

Good luck with all that! My kids always want to redecorate their rooms, but I keep saying "wait until the basement is done, and then we'll switch and redo rooms."
I'm so glad your photos won by the way. I haven't visited your blog in a while, but now your blog is a link onto my blog. So whenever anyone gets on mine they can link to yours as well. Have a great day!