Thursday, February 01, 2007

I'm really not important :)

Yesterday, out of the blue, Colby said "I know what the most important job in the world is". I, of course, assumed she was going to say 'being a mom' :) Nope. She said, "a doctor, because they help people". Then she proceded to tell me (again) that she is going be a vet because they help animals and animals are important too. She is very persistant that she is going to be a vet and has been since about age 3.

I attempted to explain to her that every job has importance and each job has significance and is like a puzzle piece to a complicated world that requires a lot of people to do a lot of different things. She said, "but like your job, it's not important because all you do is sign people up for stuff". So, according to Colby, I am a pretty unimportant part of the workforce. Maybe it's true. However, it is my jobs outside of my workplace that I find to be very valuable. Someday she will understand.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats good because you know were just insignificant cogs in the big wheel of government. Ground up smaller and more insignificant every day. (and I dont even think insignificant is a real word:)

Heather said...

you're right--good analogy--we are pretty insignificant (yes, it's a real word :)

But our God loves us and acknowledges each one of us like we are the only ones. That's the hope amidst the chaos!

Anonymous said...

I will trust you on that.

Andrea Schmidt said...

That is so funny! I love her quote.
My kids asked me the first day that I was home, (done with MCC) what I did all day while they were in school. I said "I just enjoyed being home for them and being their MOM." They thought I'd be bored, but they don't know that I'm completely addicted to learning more about my computer (blog) and playing with my pictures.
I love reading your blog, and I'll see you Sunday. :)-An