Saturday, February 24, 2007

Powerless....

Our power went out at about 1pm this afternoon. I was in the middle of painting in Creighton's room. So that project was halted. Greg is working till at least 10:30pm tonight. So at about 3pm I had run of things to do without power and the kids hadn't had any lunch. They weren't interested in cold cereal and I had no way to cook. So I debated about driving, but then Greg called and said the roads weren't too bad. So I packed the kids up with all our stuff to stay overnight at mom's. On my way in, about 3 miles from town, mom called and said her power went out too. So we sat at her house until it got dark and the kids were bored. Greg's parents had power still so we moved on to the next warm place. All I wanted was a shower and I finally got one:) It is now after 7pm, we talked to our neighbor and still have no power. Now we're deciding what to do for the night. This stinks....

1 comment:

Cassie said...

even though we are right around the corner from you mom, we still had power! you should have come over!! we heard the big limb fall on the power lines and our flickered, but stayed on. A huge limb fell on our neighbor Greg's house later in the night, too. it's all these old trees! hope you are up and running today...