Wednesday, February 28, 2007

When it rains...it pours

This is how my first conversation of the work day went:

Hi Heather, how are you doing?

Me: Just fine....

Me: Now do you really want to know??? My power has been out for 5 days. I am living out of suitcases at my mother's house. My babysitter is sick today. And my husbands vehicle broke down this morning and is sitting in the middle of the driveway and won't budge. Now, how do you think I really am?

I know, I am pretty pathetic, but things just don't seem to be going our way this week. It always could be worse. So I shouldn't complain.

Things I am thankful for today...
1. my parent's warm house with power
2. my children that have adapted so well to the circumstances
3. my job and boss are so flexible that I got to go 'home' to stay with Creighton since the sitter is sick.
4. I got to go to Colby's school and read and eat lunch with her today
5. a dear friend will be picking up Greg's vehicle with his car hauler and taking it to get fixed.
6. the good ol' farm truck still runs so Greg has transportation to and from work so I don't have to wake the kids at 11pm to go get him.

All in all I guess I have nothing to complain about and I am grateful for this day that God has given me....

No comments: