Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Not too bad....

We are still invaders in my mother's home. The kids think it's great and I like the convenience of being in town. I forgot what it was like to be about 5 minutes from anywhere I need to go. It is handy. I feel like I am getting spoiled. I even went 'home' on my lunch hour yesterday and cooked supper so we only had to heat it up when we got home from gymnastics.

No power yet and not sure when it might be repaired, so Greg decieded to go buy a generator. They are such expensive pieces of equipment and it may be a long time before we ever need it again. But, we are now prepared for the next long term power outage :)

Now as far as pictures....I am feeling really guilty for taking so few over the last couple of weeks. But, last night I finally got the camera out at gymnastics and took a few shots of the kids. However, my cable and my card reader are on my computer at home so I'll have to load them later.

Creighton's room is still sitting as it was when I was in the middle of painting last Saturday. I just wrapped my paint brushes in foil and left not thinking I would be gone for a week. We had to call off the contractor who was coming to finish the ceiling because he needed power and it probably needs to be warmer than 48 degrees for that stuff to dry. This project is taking longer than I anticipated. As they always do. Greg says I sit around and dream up projects and then expect them to be done the next day :)

So, we're just taking it one day at a time here and doing what we can to maintain at least some sense of normalcy. If there is such a thing....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so we're neighbors for the rest of the week??

Heather said...

We are! I thought about calling you to see if you wanted to go for a walk, but then I didn't think it would be a good idea to leave the at home kids alone :) Not sure what we'll do after mom and dad get home from Mexico...maybe have to hook up the generator and tough it out at home!?

Andrea Schmidt said...

I'm so sorry you have to live like this. My poor sister and her family are camped out at our house, and thankfully we still have power. Not many houses/farms around us do. I'm praying that this next storm they're calling for will not be so hard on people. Love and Blessings to all...