Saturday, April 14, 2007

A lot going on...

I have had so much going on that I feel like my brain is just swirling with a ton of information that I am attempting to keep all straight.

I have been working endless hours on a new computer program at work that will allow for online registrations for our programs. It has been a daunting task and I am thankful I am just about done. I had about 40 hours or so of training, and since April 3rd I have logged 100+ hours of set-up and data entry getting it ready to go live. There have been many late nights for me as I have been working into the wee hours of the morning until I find my head bobbing and I lose all concentration. Then of course I sleep a couple of hours and head to work early in the morning to try to continue on with the program as I intermix my regular daily work. It has been an experience, but I hope I don't have to do this again, ever....

The kids had not been feeling well. Colby got sick last weekend and I finally took her to the dr. on Wednesday after the school called again and said her fever was back. Creighton is having sinus problems and I woke up with allergies in my eyes today and a sore throat. Tis the season.

Greg is working overtime so he we generally are just meeting him on the fly.

Colby is playing soccer and softball so we have 5 nights dedicated to practices and games. The schedule is a little tight, but so far we have worked it out. Of course her practices are scheduled for times that working parents are unable to take them so I have had to enlist some driving assistance. That always creates some interesting juggling acts. Is it rare for a mom to work from 8am to 5pm these days? Anymore, that never seems to be a consideration for coaches when they are setting practice times. I guess we are just expected to 'figure it out' and we/I do. Not always easy, but nobody said these times with young children were supposed to be easy.

Greg just got home from working 16 hours and instead of going to sleep he is outside building fence. We have some new additions to our family that we should be able to bring home soon (not babies, these will have 4 legs and don't wear diapers :). More on that later.

As for me, I haven't had time to blog nor do I want to attempt to process anymore information in my brain than absolutely necessary. I haven't taken any pictures, my kids think I am the meanest mom ever. Needless to say, that is kind of how I have felt lately. My patience has been worn thin this last two weeks.

Hopefully, things will calm down after next week. But for now, we'll just keep plugging along, taking it day by day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i have no idea how you do it! hope things get easier as you finish up the computer stuff!