Saturday, September 22, 2007

work, work, more work

I am working my tail off around here trying to get many projects done in a short amount of time. I am not working alone and without the very generous help of family and friends, you all know who you are, I would be a very stressed out girl.

Needless to say, I am still stressed. If Greg and I survive this 'makeover' of the house it will be truly a God thing, because, well, as of yesterday I wasn't sure that both of us would go on living :) Unfortunately, Greg's dad got to be witness to some very intense fighting between us (and some words he had probably never heard me say). We are tired, I am on a mission, and you know how well husbands and wives work together on home remodel projects. The combo of those things all came to a head yesterday and I LOST it! Today is better.

Typically, Greg and his dad do all of the construction work around here. Well, that can be a little taxing on them so yesterday it was decided that we would hire someone to do the 3/4 bath we are putting in on the main floor. Because of our 18 inch thick brick walls some special equipment is needed to run the plumbing. Old houses always make projects very interesting.

Took a little break this morning and rode the horse for just a few minutes and this afternoon went down the road and visited a dear neighbor who just got a new horse. Now I am off to tackle the yard.

I took the kids +1 to the parade and football game this week. The game was a fun one to watch despite the periods of rain. Colby spent the night with a friend and should be home later. Only having one kid around today has made it much easier to get stuff done. I don't have to stop to referee every five minutes.

Off to work again, remembering that despite all that is going on and all of life's problems, I am one blessed girl....

1 comment:

Eric and Pam said...

I'm kind of exhausted just reading about all your work, work, work! :)