Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Another turn of events.....

So...my dad has been sick with a high fever and pain for over a week. I think he was assuming that he had caught a bug of some sort. The pain was bad enough to go to the ER. After tests, etc. the problem is discovered and he is now resting in the hospital in Iowa City. There are more procedures, etc. to come, but I am not sure of those details yet so I won't even try to go into it. I'm not sure he would want any 'blog publicity' so we'll leave it at that for now.

Anyway, the reason for the post is to praise Colby for her kind little heart. My brothers and I are taking off this afternoon to make a run to Iowa City and Colby made some things for us to take up while she was home on her two hour delay this morning. She called me and said, "I have three things for you to take to Grampa Bill. One is a note telling him about my new fish. Two is a 'Happy Early Easter Card'. And three is a note telling him to get better." She is just so sweet. I love that she came up with a Happy EARLY Easter Card. Only Colby :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gosh, you have had one heck of a time here lately, heather-thoughts and prayers are going out to you and your family!! dg