Thursday, February 28, 2008

Such is life.....

I can't wait for the day that I can post something fun, exciting, some good news or something positive! But, for today I offer this.

Tuesday both of my brothers and I went to Iowa City to see our dad. He seemed to be doing fairly well. We laughed and joked and the boys picked on me and made fun of me...just like usual.

Apparently after we left he sort of spiraled downward and was having the intense pain and fevers that had subsided the day previous. So, he went for another CT scan and it seems that his problem is not resolving as they had hoped so he will have a 'procedure' today. I am not sure exactly how this procedure works, but it is supposed to help him to heal quicker by getting rid of some of the infection. Praying for skilled hands to be performing this procedure today with no complications and minimal pain.

Not sure how many more days he will be at 'the Hilton' (I mean the hospital :) but I am pretty sure this is not exactly how he had planned to spend his retirement. (This was his last week of work with his retirement date being this Friday).

Happy Retirement Dad and get well soon!!!

No comments: