Friday, February 15, 2008

Today

It's finally Friday after what seemed to be a neverending week. Colby is feeling MUCH better today and has been fever free for 24 hours. So we'll talk to the doc and see if she is good to go out over the weekend. I think the plan was that if she was fever free for 24 hours and didn't develop any of the secondary problems that sometimes come on after influenza that she would be considered non-contagious and able to live in the real world again! She is a bit stir crazy and VERY ready to go back to school. And I am ready for her to go back too (after just getting yelled at because I wouldn't let her have candy before breakfast:)

Creighton has headed out to school this morning and is a happy boy because it is his helper day. He was super excited about his new Wii game that he got for Valentines Day (NBA Live 2008). He played long enough last night to figure it out and now he is all about perfecting his skills which probably won't take long.

I am feeling and getting around pretty good. The swelling in my leg has went down quite a bit and it really only hurts right at the location of the break. So it's all good. Should heal quickly, I HOPE! I feel so slow getting around--it's frustrating more than anything. I hate not being able to get down on the floor. Last night Creighton spilled a huge glass of milk. It went all over the kitchen. And I can't get down on the floor to scrub. Colby helped wipe it up, but it needs scrubbed the right way and I CAN'T DO IT! So, sticky it remains.

And, I am glad Valentine's Day is over. I am sick of the ads, the commercials, the hype, the romantic stories, etc. I would have to rate Valentines Day right up there with going to the dentist. I hate it. But, at least this year I didn't have to work and again be the only woman at City Hall without a beautiful bouquet of flowers on her desk.

No comments: