Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Weekend

It's Wednesday and I am just getting around to the weekend report. It was a busy one. Lots of house projects on top of all the regular junk and tried to get a little fun in there too.

Colby went home with a friend after school on Friday and stayed the whole weekend. I don't think we will let her do that again--she was a bear when she got home! So Creighton and I went to the football game on Friday night. Creighton had a soccer game on Saturday morning and then he and I went out for lunch (Cheri-Top--when in need of greasy onion rings it's the best!:) The rest of Saturday was spent working around the house. Then about six o'clock I picked up Maddie and she and Creighton went to spend the night at my mom's. That left me and Jay childless so we headed out. First though, Kelsey and I went downtown for a beverage or two. Then we met up with Jay and headed to the Quad Cities for dinner. We ended up at Texas Roadhouse for a 10:30pm dinner. By the time we left we were all full and tired. I was back home and in bed by 1am. We called it a night a little early because Kelsey had to work at 7am! Sunday was spent working around the house getting it ready for this week's showings. Two on Tuesday and I think one this coming Saturday.

I tackled a few things I have been putting off. This fall weather gets me motivated to get some of the stuff done that I had put off all summer. Winter will be here before we know it. UGH! I need to shop for some winter gear for the kiddos. They need it ALL this year. No such luck with Creighton's coat fitting two seasons :)

So that's the re-cap of the weekend. Nothing exciting but quite a bit accomplished. And Creighton was THRILLED that he got to have a sleep-over at Gramma Pam's with Maddie. He's always feeling a little left out when Colby is on the go all of the time! He and Maddie are the best of friends and I love that. So, we all ended the weekend on a good note and are ready to trudge thru the week.

2 comments:

amy smith said...

i had fun hanging out with you at the football game. :)

Heather said...

it was fun--glad you were there or i would have been a little bored! :)