Sunday, February 22, 2009

Oh boy....what a weekend.

This weekend sure wasn't what I had hoped for. Started out with Colby's game Friday night. Then I was going out afterwards with friends for dinner, etc. I got a text from Colby before we even got our dinner that Creighton was puking. So I had to cut it short and head home to a sick boy and a HUGE mess. The cleaning up was a two day task from rugs, to clothes, to bedding to cleaning carpets. It was a disaster. And believe it or not as many times as he missed, he actually hit the bucket. He was sick for about 12 hours and then hollering that he was hungry and wanted to go to baseball practice.

So, after an all nighter of cleaning and taking care of Creighton, we had Colby's last basketball game on Saturday morning. She played sooo good. I was proud of her. Her coach even told her after the game that it was her best of the season. She hustled, got a ton of rebounds and shot several times, scored a couple points. I was happy for her. She was hot and cold this season. Some days she was into it and some days just not.

Then it was off to a baby shower sat. afternoon. Got home and continued cleaning the carpet that fell victim to creighton's stomach contents.

So Sunday, I should have just relaxed and hung out. Instead I decided that I was going to remodel our upstairs bathroom. By myself. Not the smartest thing to do. An amatuer, a great big mess, in our main bathroom, Greg not here to help, and the house on the market. Therefore I have to finish what I started. I spent 10 hours in there, very frustrated, attempting things and using power tools that I had no business doing. Then Greg gets home and accomplishes in 45 minutes what took me all day and lots of anger and a few swear words. I was seriously about in tears at one point thinking how on earth am I ever going to get this done???

At this point it is already 6:30pm. I still have laundry to do, kids to feed, showers to get taken and get ready for the upcoming week.

So what on earth am I doing at 10:31??? Waiting for my dinner to cool so I can eat. It's been a long weekend. It's going to be a long week. I sure could use a couple days to finish up some things, recoup and recover. Not going to happen, but a girl can dream right.

No comments: