Friday, February 06, 2009

One Hour

Every day I have ONE hour to accomplish all my errands. I try to do most everything on my lunch hour. When the kids need something often times they will start a sentence with "Mom, on your lunch hour can you.....". So many times they hear me say, "I will do ....today on my lunch hour". One morning I was grabbing my lunch from the fridge and Creighton said "Is that your lunch hour?" I laughed. No buddy, this is my lunch that I will attempt to eat on my lunch hour.

I try to get many things done that I won't have to spend time doing after I pick up the kids. Here is a classic example of a typical 1pm-2pm for me--this was yesterday: Hop in the car, drive to the cleaners to drop off dry cleaning, go fill up the car with gas, drop off the movies at Family Video, go out to Miracle to wash my filthy vehicle, run to hy-vee to pick up a salad because I had forgot my lunch, eat it in the car while I drive back to work, get back to work, park and race back in the door just in the nick of time. It's a rat race I tell you.

I am not complaining. I love my job. I love my co-workers. I love serving our community in this way. I love what I do. I wouldn't change it. But, what on earth would I ever do without that ONE hour each day????

No comments: