Monday, February 09, 2009

A Whirlwind of a Weekend

Friday night was basketball for Colby and then out for dinner. Saturday Colby had a game and played much better. A couple baskets, some decent shots, good defense and some hustle. After last weeks' game I think she knew she had to pick it up a bit :) Then a trip to Menards and home to scrape wallpaper, and paint the bathroom. I decided that our upstairs bathroom needed a little updating. I took down some wallpaper, painted the walls, and replaced the knobs and pulls on the cabinets. It looks much better already, but there is still work to be done. It's tricky when your house is on the market because you can't have a room 'under construction'. So, we can only bite off what we can accomplish in one day. So we'll do more on that room later.

Creighton had baseball on Saturday and was there from 2-5pm. Greg said he did really well and started hitting much better after being in somewhat of a slump for the last couple of weeks.

Sunday was another trip to Menards, a big argument between Greg and I on how to proceed with the bathroom, and then home for more painting and more wallpaper scraping (which I voted to be the world's worst job). Finally about 8pm last night I pulled the bathroom all back together and called it quits. The only thing I couldn't do is put the shower curtain back up because of the wet paint. So that meant taking a BATH before work this morning. I hate taking baths. But thankful that I have the choice of bath or shower, both of which I have the luxury of endless clean water. I almost feel guilty for endulging in a long, hot shower. Hmmm....I had no idea this post would lead to 'clean water'. But since it did :) go here and read about how you can help provide clean water to those who are dying without it and then go here and join me in the effort.

The weekend ended with me staying up until after midnight doing Wii Fit, getting the laundry done and sorting/packing backpacks for today. Those are the things I reserve for after everyone else goes to bed and I have my 'quiet time'.

I realize that I have been TERRIBLE about taking pictures lately. My camera is stuffed in the cupboard and I rarely drag it out. I need to get back to it. I think I definately have the winter time blues. Blah. Nothing even seems photo worthy lately.

Well thats it for the weekend. Now its Monday and the start of another busy week. Here we go!...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, you are one busy gal! So, did you get my email about the cleaning and why don't I see you anymore?? :( Just curious...miss you! dg

Heather said...

I sent one back a couple days after I got your email. Did you not get it? I will find it and re-send when I get home tonight. Hmmm....????