Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Scentsy--the perfect and safe alternative to candles!

I do not go to home parties of any sort. I have been to a couple on special occassions, typically only for the socialization part of it. I have never hosted a home party of any sort in my life. I am just not into inviting my friends over and making them feel obligated to buy something that they may or may not need and is typically too expensive.

All that being said. I have fallen in LOVE with Scentsy. I have always been a candle burner. I LOVE having my entire home filled with yummy fragrance. I have also had a couple of 'oops' moments with candles that could have turned tragic, but didn't. In addition to candles I have multiple of the plug in type oil things from Bath and Body Works. That way there is always fragrance whether I have time or am home long enough to light a candle or not. My realtor always calls me after a showing and usually ends the conversation by saying, oh, btw, I blew out all the candles before I left. Totally unsafe, I know, but I love the homey scents and the ambience of a cozy candle.

I admit, I wasn't too sure about Scentsy until I got mine home and got it going. I thought, this will NEVER replace my love of candles :) First thing, the warmer is BEAUTIFUL. I love the one I chose and there are so many others that I would love to have too. I plugged it in (only uses a small little light bulb for heat) and put in the wax cube. The cube was only about a one inch cube and when melted is only about a teaspoon of liquid. Within about 2 minutes I could smell 'Cranberry Spice' all the way upstairs!

I love it. It is easy to use. It is carefree and safe. The choices on warmers and scents are endless and it's much cheaper than burning Yankee or buying Bath and Body oil scents. There is no soot, no lead wicks, and no evaporating wax coating the things in your house or making black streaks on the walls.

These little cubes can be very highly scented because it never gets 'hot'. It only gets about body temperature so there is no fear of it burning or catching on fire. You can stick your finger in the melted wax and not really even feel it. The wax doesn't evaporate--once the scent is out of it you just soak up the wax with paper towel and put in a new cube.

I have been using mine for about a month. I have used very few cubes and my house always smells spectacular. Not to mention the light that it gives off is a perfect night light or evening 'low light'. I have a big warmer in my kitchen and can't wait to get the little plug in warmer for my bathroom! Those two are more than enough to fill my house with yumminess!

So, for the first time ever, I am hosting a 'book party' through my sister-in-law who began selling Scentsy after receiving it for a gift and falling madly in love:). I will have the Scentsy catalog, scent samples, and warmer display until next Friday. If you are interested in checking it out, let me know. I would be glad to stop by your house or meet up with you however works for you. (to my co-workers-I will have it at work next week--follow your nose :)

And as for my candles, they haven't been burned since Scentsy showed up at my house and took over :)............

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, that sounds just like me. I don't buy much for the house but I am forever buying candles and burning them. Light them all the time and I am just like you with the "home parties" just like that!! Ok, so I want to check out one of those!! Or two or three?!! Are they spendy? Anyway, you can call me at 563-260-0931. Would love to take a look! Leave a msg I might be CLEANING! HA HA

Heather said...

I will hook up with you over the weekend or sometime next week. Pricey? Not for me considering what I spend on candles and scented oils--it's much cheaper and smells WAY better and I can leave it on all the time. The big warming pots are $30 and the smaller ones $15. Once you buy the warmer all you have to do is buy the wax bars from then on out. They are $5.00 and last about a month or longer depending on how you use it. So, initially, you have to buy the warmer but after that it's just the wax bars. There are packages available too.